The City of the Village of Indian Hill, Ohio is accepting applications for a part-time Service Worker within the Public Works Department. Primary duties include general road maintenance, removing roadside litter, removal of brush and trees, grass mowing, and general landscaping and grounds maintenance. This position requires ability to drive small dump trucks, pickup trucks and the ability to tow a trailer. Candidate must have knowledge of the operation of a variety of hand powered and non-powered hand tools, commercial mowing equipment, string and hedge trimmers and other similar maintenance equipment. This position works outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather. Must have the ability to perform manual labor tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
- General road maintenance: removing roadside litter, blacktopping & asphalt, roadside mowing, etc.
- Assists in installing guardrails, making and posting roadside signs.
- Performs removal of brush and trees and residential brush removal.
- Grounds maintenance at municipal properties including grass mowing, landscapes, lot maintenance, signage, etc.
- Traffic details including flagging traffic and safely directing traffic at work sites.
- Restoration & improvements work of installing drainage ditches, parking lots, maintenance of athletic fields, etc.
- Assists in keeping facilities clean, free of litter, safe, and in good repair. Empties trash cans, dusts and polishes furniture, sweeps, mops, and polishes floors.
- Must be able to work well as a team member and to relate effectively with members of the public.
- When contact with public is required, ability to maintain courteous, helpful attitude.
- Customer service experience a plus.
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have ability to follow a supervisor's instructions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Must be able to work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to drive small dump trucks and pickup trucks.
- Ability to tow a trailer.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred plus at least one year of experience in mechanical or maintenance type work.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license.
The part-time positions consist of 28 hours per week year-round with a typical start time of 7:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. The starting hourly rate of pay is $15.50.
City application is required to be submitted online or returned to Jessica Chaney, Director of Administrative Services, 6525 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243. It’s recommended that you first download/save the PDF form to your computer or network drive, and then open it with Adobe Reader and fill in your information. You can save your data and insert the completed form as an attachment. Original signature is required on paper application forms. It is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully list all pertinent experience and training.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation. The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For any questions or inquiries, please contact Jessica Chaney Director of Administrative Services at (513) 561-6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.