The Indian Hill Shooting Club is accepting applications for the position of part-time Shooting Club Trapper. Primary duties include activating skeet and trap machines to throw targets for the members and guests of the Shooting Club and general upkeep and maintenance of the facility. Candidates for this position must be able to communicate well with members, guests, peers, and members of management. Must be able to work evenings and weekends and have a valid Drivers License.
- Enforces firearms safety protocols while on IHSC grounds at all times for themselves and the shooters in their charge.
- Assists supervisors with the daily opening and closing of the skeet and trap fields.
- Assists in securing Club facilities at the end of daily operations.
- Loads skeet and trap machines with targets as needed and instructed.
- Performs light maintenance and cleaning of skeet, trap and sporting clay machines and other IHSC equipment.
- Assists in performing building and grounds maintenance.
- Provides coaching assistance and support to members as wanted and needed.
- Reports to assigned shift 30 minutes prior to the opening of the club for shooters.
- Attends and participates in training, educational and skill advancement sessions as required.
- Must have strong knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the ownership and use of firearms and firearm safety with the ability to teach and train others in proper safety and shooting techniques.
- Must have strong oral communication skills, and be customer focuses to understand and appropriately respond to members' needs.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of club member needs and goals.
- Candidate must be 16 years or older
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings
- Must be willing to work outdoors year around
- Highly self-motivated/able to work without direction
- Naturally friendly and positive daily attitude with excellent communication skills
Trap machines; hand powered and non-powered hand tools; mowing equipment; string and hedge trimmers, chain-saws and other similar maintenance equipment; broom, mop, vacuum sweeper, and other necessary cleaning supplies and equipment to maintain facility.
The starting hourly rate of pay is $9.36.
City application for employment may be submitted electronically through the City's website (https://indianhill.gov/), mailed or delivered to the attention of:
Director of Administrative Services
Village of Indian Hill
6525 Drake Road
Cincinnati, OH 45243
For any questions or inquiries regarding the position, please contact Dick Steuerwald, IHSC Manager at DSteuerwald@indianhill.gov.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully list all pertinent experience and training. The recruitment will remain open until the positions are filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation.
The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer