The Indian Hill Shooting Club is accepting applications for the position of part-time Assistant Shooting Club Supervisor. Primary duties include managing operations per assigned schedule, assist in general maintenance and engage members to promote the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to use and own firearms, and to provide a safety club environment that enriches the membership experience. This position also serves as a Range Safety Officer. The nature of the position requires the successful candidate to work a variety of non-traditional hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Administrative and Managerial:
- Prepares routine (daily) reports to the Part-time Shooting Range Supervisor.
- Supports management of the rifle and pistol target range.
- Prepares, maintains and submits daily cash deposits and daily operation reports.
- Assists in daily risk management.
- Responsible for the daily openings, closings and secures Club facilities as per the scheduled hours of operation.
- Flexibility to switch between Rifle and Skeet ranges as per the published and scheduled assigned hours.
- Cultivates support for and attain highest standards for safety.
- Supervises Part-time Student Trappers per assigned schedule.
- Ensures skeet, trap and sporting clay machines receive proper maintenance with assistance of trap workers, volunteers and other assets.
- Assists in maintaining buildings and grounds.
- Teaches trap, skeet, rifle, pistol, and sporting clay shooting to members on an informal basis.
- Assists in teaching Club orientation and safety classes.
- Must have strong knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the ownership and use of firearms and firearm safety with the ability to teach and train others in proper safety and shooting techniques.
- Must have strong oral communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to Members’ needs.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of club member needs and goals.
High School diploma or equivalent. One-year experience in the firearms industry or a directly related field preferred. Continuing education as specified by the Part-time Shooting Club Manager.
- National Rifle Association Membership
- National Rifle Association Firearms Instructors Certification (or equivalent)
- National Rifle Association Range Safety Officer Certification (or equivalent)
Trap machines; hand powered and non-powered hand tools; mowing equipment, string and hedge trimmers, chain-saws and other similar maintenance equipment; broom, mop, vacuum sweeper, and other necessary cleaning supplies and equipment to maintain facilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Generally, requires low to moderate physical effort required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, climb, push, pull, carry, lift and walk. Medium work involves occasionally lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects, equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs. and frequently lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects, equipment and supplies 25 lbs. Must be able to constantly lift, move or carry up to 10 lbs. Requires ability to operate various trap, skeet and sporting clay machines and hand tools. Requires ability to use broom, mop, floor buffer, vacuum sweeper, standard small hand tools, and other necessary equipment to maintain facilities. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; proper protection will be provided and worn per the recommended guidelines. Vocal communication is required to perceive, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. The noise level in work environment will vary and at times may be loud; proper hearing protection will be provided and worn per the recommended guidelines. Must be able to smell. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. Requires dexterity to walk over uneven terrain and unfamiliar terrain. Requires ability to work various and flexible hours (to include nights and weekends).
Hourly range is $14.39 to $23.25 based on qualifications.
City application for employment may be submitted electronically through the City's website (https://indianhill.gov/), mailed or delivered to the attention of:
Director of Administrative Services
Village of Indian Hill
6525 Drake Road
Cincinnati, OH 45243
For any questions or inquiries regarding the position, please contact Dick Steuerwald, IHSC Manager at DSteuerwald@indianhill.gov.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully list all pertinent experience and training. The recruitment will remain open until the positions are filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug screening and background investigation.
The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer