From: Stephen C. Oughterson, Fire Chief
I wanted to give an update to all citizens and visitors to Madeira and Indian Hill regarding our administration and operations during this County, State and Federal Emergency for the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 Pandemic and we now have the following operations and administrative changes in affect. Please understand that currently, we anticipate no delay in service or decreased standard of care. All the steps below are advice and recommendations based on data from our health department partners such as the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, and the Hamilton County Public Health Department.
1. You may see our personnel in additional personal protective equipment (PPE)such as masks, googles and / or gowns. This is for your protection as well as ours.
2. Initial assessment of EMS patients may begin with a series of questions to screen COVID-19 patients or potential patients. Initial assessment may also be conducted at about 6 feet until proper PPE is donned.
3. We have cancelled all public education activities, such as station tours and CPR classes.
4. Car Seat installation services have been postponed indefinitely.
5. Fire and Life Safety Inspections have been postponed unless there is a immediate danger to life safety.
6. COVID-19 Testing is not available at either MIHJFD fire station currently.
7. Fire station visitors will be limited to the apparatus bay for official business only. No unauthorized personnel will be allowed inside the living quarters or offices to reduce possibility of exposure to the public and to our first responders.
8. Please follow the advice from our local, state and federal public health officials.
Thank you for your cooperation in this time of crisis and please know that our firefighters, EMT’s and Paramedics will do everything they can to continue to provide excellent service to our community.